AirAsia India Attracts Customers With Rs1290 Fares

Saturday, 6th September 2014 at 02:57am

AirAsia India is keeping the AirAsia tradition of offering the lowest fares to some of the most popular destinations across its network.

Customers were given until September 7, 2014 to book their tickets to avail of the lowest fares available between Bangalore and the cities of Chennai and Kochi, at Rs.1,290. They can also grab a one-way ticket between Bangalore and Goa for Rs.1,690.

All tickets booked under the promo period are available for travel between September 5 and December 11, 2014.

Currently, the budget airline is operating flights from its Bangalore hub to Chennai, Kochi, and Goa. On September 5, it will start serving the northern regions of the country, when it launches two more routes, still from Bangalore, to Jaipur and Chandigrah.

The airline is already selling promotional tickets to these two upcoming routes during this special promo period. Promo tickets for these routes are both priced at Rs.3,490.

AirAsia India is a joint venture between the Malaysia-based AirAsia Bhd. and its two Indian partners, Tata Group and Telestra Tradeplace. Though, AirAsia Bhd. holds only 49% of the venture, it has a controlling stake as the remaining 51% stakes are divided among the two Indian investors, making them both minor shareholders.

The budget airline commenced its inaugural service on June 12 this year from Bangalore to Chennai and Goa. It has since launched Kochi a month later and on September 5, Jaipur and Chandigrah will add to its growing domestic network.

AirAsia India was aiming to launch its international service during its inaugural operations but was prevented from doing so due to the country's existing aviation 5/20 rule.

The rule states that an airline will need to operate at least 5 years in the domestic sector and keep a fleet of no less than 20 aircraft before given permission to launch international service.

By: .

Cheap Flight Search

Depart From:
Arrive At:
Departure Date:
Return Date:

Sign up for the India Flights updates!

For all the latest news on India flights 'like' us now:

Skypicker banner